Everyone knows this recipe but I've found the ingredient to make these cookies over the top. It keeps the texture moist and not grainy. My method for dropping them keeps a nice shape too.
- Combine sugar and cocoa in a medium sauce pan.
- Whisk in milk and corn syrup.
- Add butter.
- Cook and stir until mixture has boiled for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, peanut butter, oats, and coconut.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop out with a cookie scoop and drop onto waxed paper. They will keep their shape.
- Allow to cool completely and store in airtight container.