This recipe was taken from a Sebastiani vineyard cookbook I bought for my Mom. The lemon and orange peel give these biscotti a wonderful flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar.
- 2add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 3Add vanilla.
- 4Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and ad slowly to creamed mixture.
- 5Stir in lemon and orange peels, anise seeds and nuts and blend well.
- 6divide dough into 3 parts and shape each into long roll about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 7Place rolls on cookie sheet several inches apart and flatten rolls somewhat.
- 8Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- 9Remove and slice rolls crosswise 3/4 inches.
- 10Lay cut side down and bake additional 7 minutes.
- 11Flip to other side of cookie and bake another 7 minutes.
- 12Makes approx 4 dozen biscotti. ENJOY!
- 13Freezes well.
- 14Note: If you want sweeter, increase sugar to 1 full cup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Mary's Italian Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 74.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g