Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was taken from a Sebastiani vineyard cookbook I bought for my Mom. The lemon and orange peel give these biscotti a wonderful flavor!
- Cream butter and sugar.
- add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and ad slowly to creamed mixture.
- Stir in lemon and orange peels, anise seeds and nuts and blend well.
- divide dough into 3 parts and shape each into long roll about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place rolls on cookie sheet several inches apart and flatten rolls somewhat.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Remove and slice rolls crosswise 3/4 inches.
- Lay cut side down and bake additional 7 minutes.
- Flip to other side of cookie and bake another 7 minutes.
- Makes approx 4 dozen biscotti. ENJOY!
- Freezes well.
- Note: If you want sweeter, increase sugar to 1 full cup.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ I LIKE BISCOTTI, so am always willing to try out a new recipe! I'm glad I picked up on this one, 'cause these are absolutely wonderful! I love the citrus & the anise & the almond tastes! One thing I did differently, though ~ Instead of laying the cookies down for the final baking, I stood them up on their flat bottoms [as I always do with biscotti], & baked them for about 12-13 minutes! Thanks so much for this one, which I'm adding to my collection of biscotti recipes!