1/4 Photos of Aunt Mary's Apple Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
My friend Robin's Aunt Mary, both of whose parents were born in Hungary, was a legendary cook. This is one of her cakes--a very moist and delightful cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- 2Sprinkle apples with sugar and let stand.
- 3Mix beaten egg and butter.
- 4Sift in flour, soda, salt and cinnamon and mix very well.
- 5Fold into apples and make sure the apples are well and evenly coated.
- 6Mix in raisins and, if desired, nuts.
- 7Note: we use raisins which have been soaked in bourbon.
- 8Note 2: If using regular raisins, make sure you plump them in warm water or rum or the like, then drain before adding.
- 9Place in a buttered 8" x 8" square baking dish or in a buttered bundt pan and bake for about 50 minutes.
- 10Cool briefly on rack in pan; turn out of the pan and allow to cool to room temperature on a rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Mary's Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 460.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g