Prep 5 mins
Cook 38 mins
This is an easy and quick Bundt Cake that will leave your house smelling wonderful -- of apples and spice, a great recipe for Fall. Cake is moist and full of wonderful spicey rich flavor!
- 1 (18 ounce) boxduncan hines spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
Caramel Apple Spice Frosting
- 1 duncan hines creamy homestyle caramel icing
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 -3 tablespoons warmed apple juice or 2 -3 tablespoons cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray the Bundt pan completely with non-stick/non-fat cooking spray & flour lightly. Blend dry mix, eggs, & applesauce in a large bowl on low speed until moistened for approximately 30 seconds, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes - then, stir in the chopped nuts & raisins by hand, (nuts and raisins are optional).
- Pour the batter in prepared Bundt Cake Pan.
- Bake for 38-43 minutes at 350.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan & cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting Directions ~ Cream together with a mixer all ingredients until thoroughly blended and creamy - frost cake with icing once cake is completely cooled.
Very nice applesauce spice bundt cake. It was sooooo moist. Everyone raved over it. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This was perfect for a cool fall day. My kitchen smelled heavenly while it was cooking. I plumped the raisins in warm apple juice just to add a little extra flavor. The recipe didn't indicate what size of caramel frosting, so I bought the 16-oz size. It may have been too big though, I still had a bowl half-full even though I literally smothered the cake with icing. I added 3 tablespoons of apple juice to the frosting and it probably only needed 1 or 2 at the most. It puddled all around the bottom of the cake and in the middle, but I didn't hear a single complaint-just several requests for the recipe. Thanks for the recipe, it's a definite repeat.
This was a perfect dessert for our Thanksgiving dinner. I used golden raisins in the mix. I couldn't find caramel frosting so I used cream cheese frosting & added the cinnamon & nutmeg to it. Very delicious... This one is going in my favorites cookbook.