This is the BEST (non-chocolate) dessert I have ever made. I must credit the idea for the recipe to my boss's husband, Harold. When I made these for the family at Christmas time, I had a hard time convincing everyone that I actually made them and didn't buy them from a pastry shop (and I'm known for my desserts)! Please try them...they are EXCELLENT!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- 2Mix in remaining ingredients below apples.
- 3Follow directions on phyllo package to keep sheets from drying out.
- 4Cut phyllo sheets in half lengthwise (not crosswise).
- 5Working quickly, place one cut sheet of phyllo on damp towel (short end towards you) and brush sparingly with melted butter.
- 6Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons walnut crumbs.
- 7Place another half sheet over the first, brush with melted butter.
- 8Place 1/2 cup of filling on short end of phyllo approximately 2 inches from edge.
- 9Add some of the juice from the filling as you make each bundle (don't worry if it leaks a little as you roll).
- 10Fold end over filling, roll once then fold in both sides by one half inch.
- 11Roll to other end.
- 12Press side seams and place on a baking sheet which has been sprayed with Pam.
- 13Cover with damp towel.
- 14Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and filling.
- 15One large baking sheet should hold 9 bundles.
- 16Once tray is full, brush each bundle with melted butter and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 24 minutes.
- 17Make second tray while first one is baking.
- 18As soon as bundles are done, remove from oven and tilt baking sheet.
- 19Brush the run-off juice over each bundle while still warm.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apples in Phyllo
Serving Size: 1 (2575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 205.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g