1/5 Photos of Apple Slice With Creamy Topping
I didn't believe the recipe when my friend Lesley gave it to me, but having tasted the slice, and loving it, I tried it and had sucess the first time I made it, eveyone loved it. The family call it my "stolen apple slice" It freezes very well!! UPDATE Jubes used a gluten free cake mix, and reports that it turned out very well. Nice dessert for those people that cant tolerate gluten!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 3 ingredients together: Press into slice tin, (lined with baking paper) and cook in a moderate oven 20-25 minutes, til very lightly browned.
- 2Cool for 10 minutes and then spread cooked apple carefully over base.
- 3Pour over about 400gr light sour cream, spread out with the back of a spoon.
- 4Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake a further 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Hints: You'll need to cook about a kilo of Granny Smiths for this, (or use canned apples, but NOT the ones without sugar.) Peel and slice your apples and cook with 1/2 cup water, and sugar to taste.
- 6Drain and cool before use.
- 7Be generous with the baking paper, it makes it easier to lift the slice out of the tin.
- 8Cut the slice when it is cold.
- 9Nice warm too, but cut in the tin.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Slice With Creamy Topping
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 304.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g