Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a truly wonderful dessert--YES dessert! I would rather have this than any apple pie I have ever had. It's very easy to make.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine Cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, white sugar, and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- Blend well.
- Spread one can apple pie filling over the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Layer with half of the noodles, and then the cheese mixture.
- Layer again with remaining noodles, and the second can of pie filling.
- Combine flour, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly, DO NOT OVERWORK.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare garnish by blending sour cream and 1/3 cup brown sugar in small bowl until smooth.
- Cover, and refrigerate.
- Serve warm apple lasagna with sour cream garnish.
Oh yum! I also saw this on the unreviewed recipes thread, just took me til this weekend to get around to making it. It's wonderful. Oldest DS wasn't that impressed but my other 2 kids and hubby loved it. I used oven ready noodles and cottage cheese instead of ricotta coz that's what I had on hand. I'll use regular noodles next time tho. These were a little tough. Thanks for a great recipe!
I accidentally gave another poster a review on this recipe, and then realized I had clicked on the wrong thing! Well YOU are the one all the credit belongs to. I served this to 10 people today, after having it stashed away in my dessert folder for 4 years. They just about licked their plates. The topping is genious! I will be making this a lot and so will 10 happy people, who went home with a new dessert to wow their friends and family with. Thanks for sharing.
Delicious, and the mixture of ingredients is great. My only problem was with the corner pieces. Some lasagna pieces were hard and could not be chewed. I used a knife to cut little pieces to eat it, for I could not get through it with a fork. But once I realized that that was the way to go, I loved it.