This is a truly wonderful dessert--YES dessert! I would rather have this than any apple pie I have ever had. It's very easy to make.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine Cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, white sugar, and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- Blend well.
- Spread one can apple pie filling over the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Layer with half of the noodles, and then the cheese mixture.
- Layer again with remaining noodles, and the second can of pie filling.
- Combine flour, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly, DO NOT OVERWORK.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare garnish by blending sour cream and 1/3 cup brown sugar in small bowl until smooth.
- Cover, and refrigerate.
- Serve warm apple lasagna with sour cream garnish.