Tired of boring crumb pies? Wow them with this one at your next family picnic. This is a family favorite and is even requested for birthdays instead of cake.
- Peel, core and slice apples. (You should have about 6 cups.)
- Mix together the next 3 ingredients and toss in with the apples.
- Place into prepared pastry.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining flour and brown sugar well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-45 minutes. Crust will be lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Drizzle caramel topping over the top and cool completely.
- Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream or whip cream. Yum!