1/5 Photos of Apple Crumb Deep Dish Pie
1 hr 20 mins
When I make apple pie, this is the recipe that I usually use, it always turns out great ---prep time does not include preparing the pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large pastry pie crust (to fit bottom of a 9 or 10-inch deep dish pie plate)
- 7 -8 large baking apples (Granny Smith is best!)
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Line the bottom of a deep dish pie plate with pastry, flute edges.
- 2Peel and slice apples thinly and place in a bowl.
- 3Squeeze the lemon juice over the sliced apples; toss to coat with the juice.
- 4Then mix in the 3 tablespoons sour cream, mix well; set aside.
- 5Prepare the crumb topping.
- 6To make the crumb topping: in a small bowl mix the flour and sugar together; cut in the cold butter until crumbly.
- 7In another small bowl, mix the 1-1/2 tablespoon flour, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 8Pour the flour mixture over the apples; toss well to coat.
- 9Spoon the apple mixture into prepared pie shell.
- 10Drizzle with the 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- 11Sprinkle with the crumb topping.
- 12Place the pie on a foil-lined cookie sheet (too catch any spills).
- 13Bake on the lowest oven rack position at 375 degrees for approximately 1 hour, or until the filling is bubbly and apples feel soft.
- 14**Note** if you find that the topping is browning too much, cover lightly with foil.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumb Deep Dish Pie
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.3
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 211.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: