POSTED FOR ZAAR WORLD TOUR 5. Try this variation on the classic by adding toasted macadamias. From http://allrecipes.com.au.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Lightly grease a biscuit tray.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, rolled oats, sugar, coconut and macadamia nuts.
- In a small saucepan combine the water, golden syrup and baking soda.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in the butter.
- When butter is melted set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then stir into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Place tablespoons of dough onto the prepared biscuit tray and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Leave about 3cm between each biscuit.
- Bake for 12 minutes for chewy biscuits, 15 minutes for crunchy. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks.