Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
POSTED FOR ZAAR WORLD TOUR 5. Try this variation on the classic by adding toasted macadamias. From http://allrecipes.com.au.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Lightly grease a biscuit tray.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, rolled oats, sugar, coconut and macadamia nuts.
- In a small saucepan combine the water, golden syrup and baking soda.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in the butter.
- When butter is melted set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then stir into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Place tablespoons of dough onto the prepared biscuit tray and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Leave about 3cm between each biscuit.
- Bake for 12 minutes for chewy biscuits, 15 minutes for crunchy. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks.
This was a very successful and tasty cookie, very moreish !!
WOW! You know how you know when a recipe is awesome before you even bake it? When the batter/mix is THAT delicious (not that I was tasting it ;))? This is one of those times. How can you go wrong, really, with butter, oatmeal, coconut and macadamia nuts? The golden syrup makes these extra special, too. At 350 they only took 8-9 minutes for me, and be careful not to overcook them as they can go from perfect to too brown quick - I'm really glad I watched mine so close, as it would be really horrible to waste any of these wonderful cookies! Someone who tried these tonight said, "These are SO good, they gave me goosebumps!" This really is a great recipe - thanks for posting it, UmmBinat! Gratefully made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag.
Delicious sweet little morsels! I baked at 320 degrees Farenheit. I subbed in 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of water for the golden sryup and do not think that was best choice I could have made as the mixture would not stick together so I ended up adding an egg. Instead I should have subbed in honey. Thanks UmmBinat for sharing a variation of a classic. Made for Chow Hounds during ZWT5 visit to Australia.