Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a holiday tradition in my family for over 40 years. I got the recipe from my mom, for these German cookies. Actually, I am not a fan of anise, so I plan to make them with another flavoring. Recipe yield is unknown, I just entered a random value. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 drops anise oil or 1 teaspoon anise extract
- Beat eggs for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add the sifted sugar and flour (flour was sifted with the baking powder); add flavoring.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Let dry for at least 8 hours, then bake at 275F for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until VERY lightly browned.
I used anise powder because that was what i had. They were good. Made for ZWT6
These are tasty. I'm the only one in my house so YEA! I get them all to myself! I baked them 5 minutes longer than called for (put two sheets in at once) and they still could have been in a bit longer. I will do these again to see if I can get my baking time right. Reviewed for ZWT4.
I love anise but rarely find a recipe I really like for cookies. This one hit the spot. They are very good. I love their texture. Made for ZWT 4.