1/2 Photos of Amy's Chewy Coconut Bars (Diabetic)
I was looking for a good bar cookie to add to my cookie tray that was suitable for Redneck Epicurean who was diabetic. We were partners in a holiday cookie swap and I was in awe of her cheerfulness even when she was in tremendous pain. She loved them and in her honor I am renaming this bar for her. Combining coconuts and walnuts with a faint hint of maple really appealed to me so I decided to give it a try as well as posting here for others as well as for future reference. According to the source this bar has 126 cal., 2 g pro., 10 g carbo., 9 g fat, 27 mg chol., 141 mg sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Using a mixer, beat eggs, Splenda and maple flavoring in medium bowl. Blend in in margarine and vanilla.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir into egg mixture. Fold in coconut, walnuts, and raisins.
- 4Spread batter evenly in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- 5Bake until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 6Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Chewy Coconut Bars (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.8
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 136.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g