Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Something fun to do with your Amish Friendship Bread starter. Don't be intimidated by the long ingredient list or the mixture format. The cookies are no harder to make than any other oatmeal cookie! And they make your house smell great!
- Combine mixture 1 in a bowl or large glass measuring cup. Mix ingredients well with a fork.
- Combine mixture 2 in a large bowl. I use my Kitchen Aide mixer. Beat until creamy.
- Add mixture 1 to mixture 2.
- Combine mixture 3 and mix thoroughly. Add mixture 3 to mixtures 1 and 2 in the large bowl.
- Add mixture 4 to the large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Spoon resulting dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes. It usually takes twelve minutes for me.
- Cool on a wire rack.
great cookie, my hub doesn't usually eat fruited cookies, but these he LOVED. thanks for sharing
OMG these are the best cookies ever. I'm glad you shared this recipe, thanks.
Wow Stephanie! I really loved these cookies!! Nice to have something else to make with the starter other than the friendship bread. These are so good - we can't stop eating them!! Thank You so much for posting this! ~Andi