These tasty classics boast a twist of a classic southern flair. They don't stay on the plate long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F
- 2Line 3 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- 3Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth.
- 4Add sugar and salt; beat until blended.
- 5Beat in orange peel, then eggs, 1 at a time.
- 6Mix in coconut.
- 7Drop batter onto sheets by tablespoonfuls, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 8Bake macaroons, 1 sheet at a time, until golden on bottom and browned in spots, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Cool completely on sheets.
- 10Using fork, drizzle chocolate over macaroons.
- 11Chill on sheets until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ambrosia Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 143.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g