Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
These tasty classics boast a twist of a classic southern flair. They don't stay on the plate long.
Make and share this Ambrosia Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F
- Line 3 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar and salt; beat until blended.
- Beat in orange peel, then eggs, 1 at a time.
- Mix in coconut.
- Drop batter onto sheets by tablespoonfuls, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake macaroons, 1 sheet at a time, until golden on bottom and browned in spots, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on sheets.
- Using fork, drizzle chocolate over macaroons.
- Chill on sheets until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.