These are not your momma's oatmeal cookies--the secret ingredient?? Rice Crispies!
Make and share this Amazing Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first five ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream butter together with two sugars. Beat the egg into the sugar and butter mixture.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold the Walnuts, Coconut, and Chocolate chips into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges of the cookies are golden brown.
These cookies really do taste amazing as the title indicates. I made them exactly as the recipe specified and didn't change or adjust anything. It produced moist and chewy cookies that I will definitely make again. My only other observation is that I thought they spread out quite a bit on the baking sheet and most were so thin and flat that they fell apart as I transferred them to a cooling rack (after cooling on the baking sheet first). I wonder if reducing the oven temperature a bit would produce a slightly thicker cookie that would hold up better to normal handling. Nonetheless, they were quite a treat. Thanks, Chef EBT. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.
Baked these for Fall 09 Pac Premie Adoption. The only thing I did was omit Walnuts, and increase the chocolate chips to a full cup. OMG these are simply delicious, and moist with good chewyness. Thank You for a great cookie recipe.