Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are my favorite bars that I discovered at my last family reunion.
Make and share this Amazing Chocolate-Chip Cookie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together the first four ingredients.
- Add the next five DO NOT ADD THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS! and mix .
- Spray a 13 by 9 pan.
- Push mixture into the bottom of the pan and pour the chocolate-chips over it entirely. Place the pan into the oven for five minutes, then take the bars out and the chips should be soft.
- Swirl the chips into the dough so you cannot tell they were ever chips.
- Place the pan back into the oven for seven minutes.
There was not nearly enough cooking time here. The dough was good but it was not cooked in just 12 minutes.
These were good and easy to make but mine came out a bit dry. I followed the recipe other then I used Splenda brown sugar and Splenda instead of the sugar. Hubby really enjoyed these.
These bars are amazingly fast and easy to make. This recipe is also great for those times when you are short on chocolate chips! They are good, but not addictive good, which may be a good thing? ;) Thanks for sharing.