This is the easiest Gluten Free Cake I have ever made. It always turns out great and in my household there is never any left the next day. As with all Gluten Free cakes it is best eaten the day it is baked. This cake tastes like a sponge. It has a soft and light texture. Serve for an easy morning tea, dress it up for a birthday cake or make two cakes and fill with strawberry jam and freshly whipped cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2Grease and line base of a round cake tin.
- 3Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- 4Pour into tine and bake for approx 30 minutes. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out.
- 5Ice as desired or dust with GF icing sugar.
- 7Make two cakes and fill with jam and cream for a sponge birthday cake.
- 8Replace milk with orange juice and add the zest of orange to the cake in place of vanilla essence.
- 9use lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 10Add 1/4 cup of GF cocoa powder for a chocolate cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Always Tastes Great -Gluten Free Easy Cake-With Variations
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.8
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 111.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour
gluten free baking powder