Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the easiest Gluten Free Cake I have ever made. It always turns out great and in my household there is never any left the next day. As with all Gluten Free cakes it is best eaten the day it is baked. This cake tastes like a sponge. It has a soft and light texture. Serve for an easy morning tea, dress it up for a birthday cake or make two cakes and fill with strawberry jam and freshly whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease and line base of a round cake tin.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour into tine and bake for approx 30 minutes. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Ice as desired or dust with GF icing sugar.
- Make two cakes and fill with jam and cream for a sponge birthday cake.
- Replace milk with orange juice and add the zest of orange to the cake in place of vanilla essence.
- use lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add 1/4 cup of GF cocoa powder for a chocolate cake.