1/3 Photos of Almond Vanilla Cookies
Don't let all the vanilla scare you away. These are excellent cookies. Very nutty and delicately sweet. A fine finish to a heavy or spicy meal. To add a unique taste substitute the vanilla with 1 tablespoon of gin. The original recipe stated that. I have never tried it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together chopped almonds, flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Mix in extracts Mix in flour mixture until well blended Beat until thoroughly combined.
- 5Form dough into 36 balls and place a whole almond in center of each ball.
- 6Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown, check after 15 minutes as I found I needed to turn the temperature down for the second batch.
- 7Note: I baked my second batch at 325° but it could just be my oven that runs hot.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Vanilla Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 48.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g