This recipe comes from oetker Baking is Fun. It's a very easy to make Christmas cookie with wonderful buttery flavour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Blend flour, almonds, sugar and vanilla sugar together on a pastry board.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces over the dry ingredients.
- Quickly work all the ingredients together into a smooth dough.
- Shape the dough into pencil sized rolls.
- Cut the rolled dough into 2 inch pieces.
- Place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet and bend into crescent shapes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cookies are light golden.
- Roll the warm cookies into a mixture of icing sugar and vanilla sugar.
Very tasty! I think I might have made these too thin as they snapped very easily when I took them out of the oven. They still taste good though!
This are a simple and delicious, nut shorbread. I added 1/2 tsp almond extract for more almond flavor. I make a similar cookie but this are smaller and size, you do have to be careful not to overcook them as they go from not quite done, to very done very quickly. Made for ZWT4 German & Benelux-We're Really Cooking Now Challenge