This recipe comes from oetker Baking is Fun. It's a very easy to make Christmas cookie with wonderful buttery flavour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Blend flour, almonds, sugar and vanilla sugar together on a pastry board.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces over the dry ingredients.
- Quickly work all the ingredients together into a smooth dough.
- Shape the dough into pencil sized rolls.
- Cut the rolled dough into 2 inch pieces.
- Place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet and bend into crescent shapes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cookies are light golden.
- Roll the warm cookies into a mixture of icing sugar and vanilla sugar.