Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Actual almond butter cookies, like peanut butter but with almonds. Mmm! Try with cashew butter also, but don't add the almond extract for those!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add almond butter, almond and vanilla extract and egg, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients together with a fork or wire whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well.
- Scoop dough with a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop.
- Place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets lightly sprayed with Pam.
- Dip fork in 1/8 cup sugar and flatten dough with a criss-cross pattern.
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on the cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 6-9 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for one minute.
- Put cookies on wire racks to cool completely before putting in a cookie jar.
I made this cookie today. I didn't have almond extract, so used a little extra vanilla extract. Loved this cookie and can't wait to try it with the almond extract! I need yo stop eating them now. I had to call my step son and promise to bring him some so I wouldn't eat them all! They are delicious!
Great taste. I made two changes. I cooked the balls without pressing them down with a fork. I added Hershey Kisses with Almonds right after they came out of the oven. They are much better than peanut butter blossoms. I did not have the almond extract. With half of the 48 cookies, I rolled the cookie balls in finely chopped raw natural almonds. Next time I will use the almond extract. I will call them Almond Butter Blossoms.
Great Cookie!!! My son LOVES them, My only complaint is that even though the cookie dough smelled and tasted beautifully like almonds ..... the taste was a little lost as they cooked. But definitely a cookie that I will continue to make!