Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Actual almond butter cookies, like peanut butter but with almonds. Mmm! Try with cashew butter also, but don't add the almond extract for those!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add almond butter, almond and vanilla extract and egg, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients together with a fork or wire whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well.
- Scoop dough with a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop.
- Place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets lightly sprayed with Pam.
- Dip fork in 1/8 cup sugar and flatten dough with a criss-cross pattern.
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on the cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 6-9 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for one minute.
- Put cookies on wire racks to cool completely before putting in a cookie jar.