Prep1 hr 30 mins
From the Crisco website. Posting for safe keeping This are a bit different then the other recipes listed. I have not made these yet. Times are approximate
- Combine 2 cups flour and yeast in mixing bowl.
- Heat milk, 1/2 cup shortening, sugar and salt in saucepan just until warm (150ºF to 200ºF), stirring until shortening almost melts.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Add egg.
- Beat with electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl.
- Beat 3 minutes at high speed. By hand, beat in remaining flour until batter is thoroughly mixed.
- Place in large bowl.
- Spray top with no-stick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Stir down.
- Beat thoroughly with wooden spoon.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Spray muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into prepared muffin pans, filling half full. Cover. Let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray tops with no-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops are light brown.