1/2 Photos of 90 Minute Batter Rolls
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
wicked cook 46's Note:
From the Crisco website. Posting for safe keeping This are a bit different then the other recipes listed. I have not made these yet. Times are approximate
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 2 cups flour and yeast in mixing bowl.
- 2Heat milk, 1/2 cup shortening, sugar and salt in saucepan just until warm (150ºF to 200ºF), stirring until shortening almost melts.
- 3Add to flour mixture.
- 4Add egg.
- 5Beat with electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl.
- 6Beat 3 minutes at high speed. By hand, beat in remaining flour until batter is thoroughly mixed.
- 7Place in large bowl.
- 8Spray top with no-stick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap.
- 9Let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- 10Stir down.
- 11Beat thoroughly with wooden spoon.
- 12Let rest 5 minutes.
- 13Spray muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- 14Drop batter by tablespoons into prepared muffin pans, filling half full. Cover. Let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- 15Heat oven to 400ºF.
- 16Spray tops with no-stick cooking spray.
- 17Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 18Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops are light brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 90 Minute Batter Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 261.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g