Prep1 hr 30 mins
From the Crisco website. Posting for safe keeping This are a bit different then the other recipes listed. I have not made these yet. Times are approximate
- Combine 2 cups flour and yeast in mixing bowl.
- Heat milk, 1/2 cup shortening, sugar and salt in saucepan just until warm (150ºF to 200ºF), stirring until shortening almost melts.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Add egg.
- Beat with electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl.
- Beat 3 minutes at high speed. By hand, beat in remaining flour until batter is thoroughly mixed.
- Place in large bowl.
- Spray top with no-stick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Stir down.
- Beat thoroughly with wooden spoon.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Spray muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into prepared muffin pans, filling half full. Cover. Let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray tops with no-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops are light brown.
Made these rolls for Thanksgiving. Nice recipe, easy and very good. I did spray the tops and added poppy seeds as in the recipe but most of them fell off the rolls when cooled. But over all a nice dinner roll. Thanks for sharing it.
I concur with my fellow reviewers, I needed a quick roll but didn't want to run to a store, nor have a complicated bread project, so this filled the bill perfectly. I painted the tops of the rolls with some butter on a brush when coming out of the oven, and talk about none left! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Novembre 2009
Great rolls!!! So easy and quick for homemade rolls. I made the recipe exactly as written to serve with dinner last night for 4 of us and there isn't any left. My DD boyfriend said that they tasted like the rolls from Bob Evans Restaurant and ate about 3 of them. Thanks for sharing your the recipe. Made for Newest Tag!!