Each brownie has 88 calories, hence the name. (Or at least they're supposed to... according to the calculated nutrition information here, each one is 108 calories... hmmm....) Special thanks to actress Jenna Fischer (Pam on The Office) for the recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray an 8x8 inch non-stick cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a sturdy whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and sugar until they are well combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir the until just combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips chips evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry (a few crumbs are okay).
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 equal brownies.
Hi~ If you omit the chocolate chips they come out to exactly 88 calories :) Just wanted to let you know!
Moistened and am delicious! This is very nice in low fat low calorie. It was necessary to add time a little at time to bake it. However, it is worthwhile that I wait. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Very light and moist. Not the dense chew brownie I am used to, but very good. Made as written, using a whisk to make sure batter came out smooth. At the end of 22 minutes did not pass the toothpick test, had to bake 5 more minutes. Love how low fat and calorie these are. Thanks so much for the post.