I was new to baking cookies, (used to buying them from the store) but I moved to the USA and found it to be quite a tradition here. This recipe comes from a combination of three different ones, it turned out to be mine and my daughter's favourite. I used a half cup of Cadbury's milk chocolate, chopped but left a bit chunky, and you can really taste the chocolate in them.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop the milk chocolate into chunky pieces.
- In a food mixer, cream butter and sugars on high till light in colour.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- On low speed add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in both chocolate morsels and chopped chocolate.
- Put spoonful's of batter on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. they should still be soft and will have a chewy texture.