1/5 Photos of 1995 1st Place: Swedish Spice Cookies
Creation in Hope's Note:
This was posted for the ZWT 2006. I have not tried this recipe and it is compliments of fooddownunder.com by Colleen Ries. These were the first-place winner in the 1995 Chicago Tribune Holiday Cookie contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Have ungreased baking sheet(s) ready.
- 3Sift together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt; set aside.
- 4Beat the butter and 1 cup of the granulated sugar in large bowl of an electric mixer on high speed until light, 1 minute.
- 5Add the egg and molasses; mix well.
- 6Stop the mixer and add the flour mixture.
- 7Mix just until combined.
- 8Using about 1 1/2 teaspoons dough for each, roll dough into balls.
- 9Roll in the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar so they are fully coated.
- 10Arrange on baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- 11If you prefer a thin, crisp cookie, they may be flattened with a glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- 12Bake until set, 9 to 10 minutes.
- 13Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1995 1st Place: Swedish Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 165.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g