1/2 Photos of 100% Whole Wheat Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
Chef #929636's Note:
This recipe turns out great homemade rolls for those who love 100% whole wheat bread. They rose beautifully and plump in the oven. Makes 20-25 rolls depending on how big you make them. I made 2 inch dough balls and they rose to 3 inches after baked. To make more rolls just make the dough balls smaller.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in water and honey for about 5 minutes.
- 2Combine honey, olive oil, eggs, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Slowly add Flour and knead until it loosens from sides of the bowl.
- 4Place in large oiled bowl, cover and let rise until about double. About one hour, be sure it is in a warm place.
- 5Punch down and remove Dough.
- 6Shape dough into rolls about 2 inch in diameter.
- 7Place on an oiled or non stick baking sheet, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 8Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 9Bake at about 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 100% Whole Wheat Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g